CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Woonter Woonter

There is sunshine today because:
I was tutoring Tristan, bless his heart! We were learning nonsense words to ensure that he had learned vowel combinations. I gave him easy words to start with. Then I wrote down the word woonter (this was to check if he remembered what sound oo made) So he started to segment the word and blend the sounds. W-oo-n-t-e-r. WOONTER! Then with a comical musical break by the little seven year old, he sang "I woonter woonter woonter woonter who, who wrote the book of love." Professional quiet dignity is hard to maintain when he looks at you and says ," yeah, my mom sings that all the time!"
And of course there is sunshine because I am married to my best friend!

0 comments: